Monday, February 1, 2010

Dont Ask Dont Tell (the last bastion of hope)

Ok guys so I was flipping threw the channels one day, and I run across CNN. Obama is on spewing some kind of liberal propaganda. Didn’t pay much attention until I hear him say something regarding don’t ask don’t tell and from what I know of this guy I knew he wasn’t going to say its the last bastion of hope safeguarding the American military from the moral turpitude of this the most perverse generation in American history by far. Instead he said something like he would like to see a country where all people can fight for there country they love or some bullshit. At that time I was thinking to my self this guys gotta be fucking joking I wounder who put him up to this. Not that I have anything against the gay people but they have there place and its damn sure not in the American military. These people are the keepers of freedom the guardians and protectors of the American way I mean come on it was fucking Clinton who conceived the whole don’t ask don’t tell policy. Dude is trying to be more gay friendly than Clinton it’s fucked up. We should think about our soldiers and what they want there the ones putting there life’s on the line not obama he wouldn’t have to sleep shower and shave with these people. the bottom line is if we start letting gays into the military and they are allowed to openly express their sexual preference it will make our soldiers uncomfortable and if there uncomfortable they cant do there jobs as efficiently and if they cant do that it will cost American lives be if straight or gay.

1 comment:

  1. I joined the Marine Corps in '02. I invaded a nation, and helped rebuild a lost society.

    I left the Corps in '07 and joined the ranks of the civilian populace.

    I've since learned much in the way of tolerance towards humanity, regardless of sexual orientation.

    Some issues that many fail to realize is that there are many logistical reasons to continue the "don't ask, don't tell" policy. First concern is that of billeting.

    We invaded a country where women and men do not have public contact with one another. They also like to strap weapons and explosives under their burkhas, as the mujahadeen knew that we wouldn't check under the dress of woman.

    So we have had to adopt new policies to include female Marines at our checkpoints to ensure maximum security.

    Finally getting to my point. The females could not be billeted along with the males, as the last thing a commander needs is to have a pregnant female Marine on his hands, on top of the other casualties. So to adjust to this new obstacle, we would convoy the females from the main base to all of the checkpoints across all of Fallujah, back and forth, every day.

    As a result, eight Marines died due to poor policy and the need to separate males and females.

    Now imagine if we have to create billeting for not only males and females, but now Straight Males, Gay Males, Straight Females, and Gay Females. That's now four separate billeting requirements, adding to the already logistical nightmare that comes from invading a nation and the counter-insurgency operations in a Military Operation Other Than War (MOOTW).

    We all except that there are those who are gay. As a whole, we don't really care. Sure, with any large demographic, you're going to have those who are 'uncomfortable' with gay men and women. I've had experiences where a fellow Marine walked in on his roomate doing some inappropriate 'activities' to gay porn. Was the gay Marine thrown out or even slightly punished? No. They just changed rooms. It was a non-issue.

    You just keep your private life private, and your professional life professional.

    I digress.

    ReplyDelete